Post by cyclops12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:01 pm

where are you all and when are you going to delete all this spam?
there seem to be pages and pages of it lately

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:59 am

Well, what do you expect ?! :laugh: It's obviously hard enough for them, to keep up.
Imagine, to have a well-done range of Mod's, then, it's a full-time Job, to ensure further
compliance with all those 'modern OC-ways of doing things'. And this may not really
add to motivation, to care about, what's spammed on here by some kids, possibly just
trying to get rid of personal frustrations. They will go away after a while, if just ignored ... :P

But the problem could be solved, if the system would function, as it should. It's a plain
security flaw, that the system enables a poster to spam the Place with crap. After the first one,
one is supposed to require a Reply, to further continue, by use of the same User-Name.
And this has not been the case, in those cases at least. But as long as the System does
obviously not function as planned, it would be a waste of time, to play free Cop, I assume... 8)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by cyclops12 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:05 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:59 am
But the problem could be solved, if the system would function, as it should.
Yeah a big IF though :)

I thought they may all be on holidays as the spam is normally sorted out pretty quick ;)

But i agree it is a full-time job to keep up

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:38 pm

I can say that we moderators are aware of the issue and are talking to the forum admins about it. We have asked the forum admins to delete all the posts, but they haven't done it yet. Moderators have to go through and delete the posts one-by-one, whereas an admin can do it all at once.

I've asked Daniel to be made an admin so I can do it, but haven't heard back on that, so I'm not sure if/when it will get deleted. I usually try and delete at least a few every day when I see them, so if all the other moderators can do the same thing we should get them removed in a few days. (Not sure how many moderators are really active on the site, though.)

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator