Post by romolo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi,

One of our clients website's is getting an internal server error when a visitor clicks continue on the checkout, specifically on "Step 5: Payment Method".

To test/repeat the error, please add the following item to your basket and proceed to checkout - http://www.jjscloset.co.uk/index.php/jj-test-products
Once added, proceed through the steps and the error occurs when you click continue on "Step 5: Payment Method".

We have the following setup...

PHP Version: 7.0.21
Joomla Version: 3.7.4
MijoShop Version: 3.2.1

We can privately provide admins with login details if required.
Please investigate and advise as soon as possible as the client is losing sales because of this.

Thanks in advance

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 am

It would be easier if we pin-point the exact payment extension causing the issue. Why not uninstall all the payment modules, and install 1 by 1, to determine which is the cause. Afterwards, leave the main cause uninstalled, while you work on a fix for it.

Give a try, and let us know which payment extension is causing the issue and perhaps we can advise accordingly.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by romolo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi @MarketInSG,

Thanks for your response and suggestions.

The only payment portal installed at present is "PayPal Standard Payments". I've tried uninstalling PayPal Standard Payments and installing the "Free Checkout" and "Cash on Delivery", but both of which produce the same error unfortunately.

I've also tried changing the default template (a custom template by "JoomlArt") to the standard Beez template, but I still get the same error... So it's definitely something relating to MijoShop / OpenCart.

I raised a ticket to MijoShop on Friday and they still haven't got back to me which is very disappointing...

If it's any help, the error message includes "Error: 1054" - From looking at some other forum topics, they seem to suggest this is a problem with the DB not being up to date.

Any further suggestions from yourself would be greatly appreciated as we're at a bit of a loss now :(

Thanks

Post by romolo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:34 pm

UPDATE: I think I've found the root cause of the problem myself...

This "Option to Product" custom modification appears to be causing the problem - https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=14468

When the modification is enabled we get the error.
When the modification disabled and we refresh the modification cache, we can continue to the payment portal (PayPal Standard Payments), pay and complete the order with no issues or errors.

The client does need this modification enabled though, as they have mutliple product ID's, options, etc... So I'm waiting for the mod developer to respond to me, but unfortunately he's on holiday at the moment.

If there's any further update/solution, I'll post it on here.
Thanks

Post by MrPhil » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 pm

OK, so it's apparently nothing to do with any payment system, but something to do with this Products Options extension. Keep in mind it's still possible that there is some strange interaction between the extension and the payment system(s), as it shows up during checkout, but most likely the problem is in the extension.

There are many things that can cause a 500 (Internal Server) error. Read http://www.catskilltech.com/FreeSW/faqs ... tml#err500 for a list of common causes -- maybe you'll get lucky and find your problem there. Also keep an eye open for Query Strings which contain { and } or other characters that many servers are now stripping out -- I'm not sure that will cause a 500 error itself, but the invalid data might lead eventually to one.