Post by thePCdoctor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:37 am

Okay, I got a little anxious and installed OC 3.0 on a test machine.

I cannot find where to setup FTP - many GUI changes so I am likely not looking in the right area - not in the Customary location.

So, where do I find this guy now?

PS: Posted here because I can not even find an area for 3.0 - I get it that it's a new release but don't yell at me if this is in the wrong area :-[

Tx.

EDIT:

Just got this error during the Upgrade Process:
Error Code(0): Error: Table 'dp_esite_db.oc_url_alias' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SHOW INDEX FROM `oc_url_alias` WHERE Key_name != 'PRIMARY' in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\staging.xxxxxxxxxx.com\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 40

Checked my db and indeed "oc_url_alias" Does Not exist...

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:36 pm

OC 3.0 - No FTP!
Sure it does, at least according it's admin file content!
Ernie

Code: Select all

$_['entry_ftp_hostname']           = 'FTP Host';
$_['entry_ftp_port']               = 'FTP Port';
$_['entry_ftp_username']           = 'FTP Username';
$_['entry_ftp_password']           = 'FTP Password';
$_['entry_ftp_root']               = 'FTP Root';
$_['entry_ftp_status']             = 'Enable FTP';

Code: Select all

<form action="<?php echo $action; ?>" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="form-setting" class="form-horizontal">
          <ul class="nav nav-tabs">
            <li class="active"><a href="#tab-general" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_general; ?></a></li>
            <li><a href="#tab-store" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_store; ?></a></li>
            <li><a href="#tab-local" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_local; ?></a></li>
            <li><a href="#tab-option" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_option; ?></a></li>
            <li><a href="#tab-image" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_image; ?></a></li>
            <li><a href="#tab-ftp" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_ftp; ?></a></li>
            <li><a href="#tab-mail" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_mail; ?></a></li>
            <li><a href="#tab-server" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo $tab_server; ?></a></li>
          </ul>

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Johnathan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:15 pm

FTP requirements have been removed in OpenCart 3.0. You don't need to enter them to use the extension installer now (which is a very good thing).

The "url_alias" table is now the "seo_url" table. That's why you're getting errors when upgrading. You'll need to manually change that table name, and match the format of the new table, if you're upgrading an older database.

Also, if you're upgrading, make sure you read Qphoria's info on that, since it's not really recommended with a version that's just been released: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=185158#p677591

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by thePCdoctor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:20 am

I saw that IP_CAM. My post says "I cannot find...". In any case, if you know where this is, please be so kind as to direct me to the page. However, it seems from Jonathan's post that there is "No" FTP support/requirements/need.

Johnathan, thanks for this. I'll try an extension install later this evening without using FTP.

As for the upgrade error, this was a clean install. No extensions - virgin out of the box. I should have mentioned this in my post, apologies.

What I meant by "update" is; I performed a clean install, then ran the installer again (which is what we've always done in prior versions). This in essence does an update.

This is where I am getting the error. I'm not overly concerned, just basically following the directions on the installer screen to "Post Errors" in the forum.

Cheers and thank again.

Post by BrianWI » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:08 am

What does the product image upload use? What did it use in 2.3.0.2?