Post by ocdudehere » Fri May 26, 2017 3:22 am

Hey everyone, I would like to know if there is an Open cart plugin / extension for populating store with products from other webstores like ebay, alibaba etc. I know of wooimporter for woocommerce but I would like to know if there is something similar for opencart. Would really appreciate some response, thanks.

Post by ocdudehere » Tue May 30, 2017 11:22 pm

Can anyone give any tips / pointers?

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed May 31, 2017 3:09 am

There is an ebay import and a few other included with Opencart. Otherwise, if you need something different, it may be available in the Marketplace.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by ocdudehere » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:05 pm

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 3:09 am
There is an ebay import and a few other included with Opencart. Otherwise, if you need something different, it may be available in the Marketplace.
Thanks @evolvewebhosting, can you please tell me where to find / download the ebay import extension? would be very grateful.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:37 pm

ocdudehere wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:05 pm
EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Thanks @evolvewebhosting, can you please tell me where to find / download the ebay import extension? would be very grateful.
Opencart comes with it and it's either under feeds or extensions. It has been bundled since around version 1.5..6

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by phenomena » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:23 pm

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
take a look at my extension, the MultiScraper as an example

Opencarting

Location - Ukraine

Post by MrPhil » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:39 pm

If you're looking to import from some other website, via its Web page, about all you can do is find a "scraper" to do the job (and consider the ethics of this, if the owner is not cooperating). If you have the cooperation of the other site's owner, perhaps code can be added to provide an API (either Web or FTP) to provide product data to you in some form. If you have the data already, such as in a CSV (comma-separated values) file, there's probably already a means to import this directly into the database (while adding various table crosslinks, etc., for you). If there isn't, it would be worthwhile, as many other stores already provide such ability.