Post by Etheravion » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi all,

I noticed Magento has a great feature to create product by type. I can't find this feature in Opencart.

For Magento
Here's the scenario that is possible in Magento (not sure possible in Opencart or not. As far as I can see, it's not possible). I have a product with different flavours for e.g. jam that has strawberry, blueberry, apricot and etc. Each flavour has its own SKUs. I'd create:
A generic product called Jam with SKU: JAM
A variant product called Strawberry Jam with SKU: JAM.01
A variant product called Blueberry Jam with SKU: JAM.02
... and more variant products.

At the storefront, I will only see one product called Jam with options to choose the Flavours.

For Opencart
However, in Opencart, I have 2 options but can't get the same behaviour.

1. Create a product called Jam with SKU: JAM. Then I create product options for the Flavours. In this case, I can't assign different SKUs to the product options.

2. Create a product for each Flavour with different SKU. Not required to create product options. However, this is troublesome for customers as they have to look through different products to choose the flavour.

What is your opinion on this? A useful feature to have? Achievable using Opencart?

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:44 pm

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland