Post by tinythemes » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 am

Hi community!

I am new here, I am coming from a background of WordPress theme development searching for alternatives to make some money with my passion of developing premium themes. I discovered the OpenCart community and felt attracted by the developer friendly aspect of the OpenCart ecossystem. My questions are:

- Is it possible to make some money developing OpenCart premium themes?
- What's the average monthly earning of a developer with 5 themes in its portfolio for example?
- Roughly, how complex or how much time should be invested to make a good quality and commercial theme?

Sorry for the questions, I am new here and willing to enter the market. Thank you all.

Regards,
Marcos.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:16 am

- Is it possible to make some money developing OpenCart premium themes?
- What's the average monthly earning of a developer with 5 themes in its portfolio for example?
- Roughly, how complex or how much time should be invested to make a good quality and commercial theme?

well, you came in a bit late, when it comes to Themes, TWIG and API is, what the
Market offers today, the 'regular' way of building Themes will soon be a thing out of the past,
I assume.

Otherways, better don't expect much information, why in the World should someone talk
about his/her Sales, possibly exept DEV's like Isenselabs, or Theme-Creators like Journal,
but their total Sales Volumes are in 5 digit Numbers, and cannot be compared with anybody else.
But others will sure 'keep' their secrets, like in any other real Business as well.

If you care about it, then, install your own Shop, download an assortment of free Themes, and start
playing around with an OC-2 Version, like OC 2.1.2, it seems to be the most solid one, and offers much
free Stuff.

Or then, move up to latest OC v.3.0, then, you could use the most modern Version, to find out from scratch,
how all this API and TWIG Stuff works. And if you know HTML5, CSS, and all that JS-related Stuff, then, you'll
have a good chance, to be, and stay as, part of it.
Good Luck !
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland