Post by Nordikota » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Just wondering. We were using Cubecart for many years, but switched to Opencart 2 years ago. I converted all products/categories over so we had an identical content site. Over a period of 6 months from the switch I noticed the number of site visits declining & our daily orders reduced as a consequence. We are now at a point where we rarely get a random order over the web. Before (with CC) we would be getting some every day, although most of business is via email or telephone from existing customers.

So my question - is the SEO in OC not great? Using the same products, titles, keywords, meta tags etc... The only difference was switching to OC from CC. Why would the hit rate decline? What can I do about it?

Any suggestions, or can anyone shed light on why this may happen?

Post by thekrotek » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:01 pm

There's no problem with OpenCart at all, it definitely can't affect your orders, if you set it right. Search engines constantly change their algorithms, and sometimes your site can drop a little in search results. For example, Google recently added check for mobile devices compatibility, and now sites with worse compatibility are ranked lower.

You can tweak OpenCart SEO by yourself. Start with getting good responsive template then get yourself a SEO extension like Smart SEO Pack. All this should guarantee you better position in search results and might even increase your sales.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Nordikota » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Thanks for the response :-) I use SEO tools already, just wondered if anyone had ideas on why the difference when all that changed is going from CC to OC. We're using Journal2 theme due it's flexibility & ease in changing layouts.

Post by moneycarlo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:33 pm

did any URLs change from changing carts? Possible that some pages that had rank value got lost and deindexed when switching. Should use 301 redirects for those urls.

Post by deepakrajput » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:11 am

you have try another SEO extensions for your site to fix this issue.

Opencart - Main Site

Location - CA