Post by salebrale » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:45 pm

Hello to all,

My site is multi language and I have the SEO pack PRO module and after some time of thinking I decided to go with the multi store feature due to its benefits.

So currently I am facing with duplicate content problem, because I have implemented multi stores for each language on subdomains. For example, my second language is English and I have set a subdomain en.mysite.com with English as default language.

This is the example of duplicate content for English language:

www.mysite.com/en/product-url.html
en.mysite.com/en/product-url.html

or

www.mysite.com/en/category-url.html
en.mysite.com/en/category-url.html

So both on www.mysite.com and en.mysite.com I have the same identical content and that is bad news for SEO.

What is the best solution to overcome this?

Thanks,
Sasa

naocare

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:52 pm

Sounds quite complex, you might need a developer to look at this.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by wpx » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:12 pm

You can ask a developer to have a look at this he migh be know some Plugin to solve out your issue thanks.
if you again faces the same problem i will ask someone today to fix your issue, i will help you to get out of this.

Bcci news
Natural red lips
Last edited by wpx on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wpx

Post by simonpieman » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:33 am

If not solved you need to look up canonical linking.

Google provides a range of ways you can mark p your data to tell it what is the correct content you want it to use (specifically its there for duplicate content management). It also provides a portal for you to tell it which site is for which country.

I am not familiar with the SEO module you describe -but managing canonical linking is a typical feature of an SEO tool.

Go the All Blacks!

Location - NZ - Auckland

Post by asiaradiosales » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:17 pm

It seems that you might have a language script that you are using and that allows to duplicate content for the English page.
You have to look into that.

Post by Dreamvention » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:14 am

Hi

The best way would be to create a separate opencart installation. If you try to keep everything in one place, you will have your arms tied. For example:
you have a product A and you add it a description AA
You add a language B and you add another description to your product A - AB

And now you create a new domain - multistore. For google to index your new site as a NEW site you will need to show that you have no connection to the previous site - your content must be different. not to mention google looks at the IP of the server, the Domain data, even your google analytics is taken into account. Only because google hates duplicate content. Because people do such things - they create Link farms - and sell referral links.

So what you now need to do is create for product A a new title, new description, new H1 etc AAA. you really need to work to prove you are not a duplicate.
But with Opencart system, you can only change descriptions for the language - not the store. the store gets only a checkbox. you either add the product to the store or you don't

so you end up creating copies of the same product only to alter the description...thus you are better off creating a separate opencart installation. much better on another server. with a different phone number and address... and email... really - google looks at these things before making the decision.

Hope this helps

Many OpenCart users struggle to find quality extensions. We know how frustrating the need to fix the shop is just because of one poorly coded extension. We created quality OpenCart Extensions, tested by real developers and provide professional support.

AJAX QUICK CHECKOUT - #1 one-page checkout solution
VISUAL DESIGNER - Page builder for Opencart
View more extensions here

Tested by Shopunity.net

Administrator

Location - Europe

Post by pak77 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:59 pm

Hi,

Please take a look at my extensions that I have created to create unique meta data for Categories and Products under Multi Stores
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=34311
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=34312

Post by psxgamer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 am

Dreamvention wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:14 am
Hi

The best way would be to create a separate opencart installation. If you try to keep everything in one place, you will have your arms tied. For example:

And now you create a new domain - multistore. For google to index your new site as a NEW site you will need to show that you have no connection to the previous site - your content must be different. not to mention google looks at the IP of the server, the Domain data, even your google analytics is taken into account. Only because google hates duplicate content. Because people do such things - they create Link farms - and sell referral links.

So what you now need to do is create for product A a new title, new description, new H1 etc AAA. you really need to work to prove you are not a duplicate.
But with Opencart system, you can only change descriptions for the language - not the store. the store gets only a checkbox. you either add the product to the store or you don't

so you end up creating copies of the same product only to alter the description...thus you are better off creating a separate opencart installation. much better on another server. with a different phone number and address... and email... really - google looks at these things before making the decision.

Hope this helps
That's exactly the problem I have. For me the multistore function is useless.

I have a website with 3 languages. I've set up a few multistores for other countries. It's in the same languages. The only thing different is that each site has it's main language. My main site is performing very well. The multistores have been dead in the water for years. Google only indexed them partly, very bad visibility. No traffic hardly any sales.

A good friend created a seperate domain without the using the multistore function. Each website has it's own language. He gets traffic and sales.

I'm thing about starting a new project and is exactly the same route I'll take. No extra multistore but a brand new website. Although selling some of the stuff from my main website it will have it's own products descriptions, pictures,...

I think the multistore function is good if you use it to manage several website where each site sells it's own products. If no it's all duplicate content and google will hate your site.

Post by agatha65 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:09 am

You can disable the language switcher and add hreflang tags for your multistore links. To have an idea check this site head code:
https://www.thenorthface.co.uk/

Suppliers Module - XML, CSV, XLS Product Feed Import and Update
Rich Snippets | Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags | WebP Images

Location - Canada, QC

Post by magzhan9292 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:48 am

salebrale wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:45 pm
Hello to all,

My site is multi language and I have the SEO pack PRO module and after some time of thinking I decided to go with the multi store feature due to its benefits.

So currently I am facing with duplicate content problem, because I have implemented multi stores for each language on subdomains. For example, my second language is English and I have set a subdomain en.mysite.com with English as default language.

This is the example of duplicate content for English language:

www.mysite.com/en/product-url.html
en.mysite.com/en/product-url.html

or

www.mysite.com/en/category-url.html
en.mysite.com/en/category-url.html

So both on www.mysite.com and en.mysite.com I have the same identical content and that is bad news for SEO.

What is the best solution to overcome this?

Thanks,
Sasa
You can use my module Noticeup Seo Multistore/Different template for each store

Noticeup Multistore different price for each store
Noticeup Seo Multistore/Different template for each store

Post by magzhan9292 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:51 am

psxgamer wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 am
Dreamvention wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:14 am
Hi

Hope this helps
That's exactly the problem I have. For me the multistore function is useless.

I have a website with 3 languages. I've set up a few multistores for other countries. It's in the same languages. The only thing different is that each site has it's main language. My main site is performing very well. The multistores have been dead in the water for years. Google only indexed them partly, very bad visibility. No traffic hardly any sales.

A good friend created a seperate domain without the using the multistore function. Each website has it's own language. He gets traffic and sales.

I'm thing about starting a new project and is exactly the same route I'll take. No extra multistore but a brand new website. Although selling some of the stuff from my main website it will have it's own products descriptions, pictures,...

I think the multistore function is good if you use it to manage several website where each site sells it's own products. If no it's all duplicate content and google will hate your site.
Noticeup SEO Multistore Template is the overlay of the template when adding and editing products and categories.

Noticeup Multistore different price for each store
Noticeup Seo Multistore/Different template for each store