Post by STARS » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:02 am

I'm just wondering to know if there's a way to run a "domain name generator" using opencart. for those of you who have no idea what a domain name generator is, it's a smart domain name search engine that looks for domain name suggestions using synonyms, suffixes, prefixes and all...

Post by marvmen21 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Why would you use a shopping cart system to sell domains? Anyways, domain name generators services usually give you a embeddable html+java script code that you can insert in any html page, so I am guessing you could create an opencart page, and paste the code there, and it would work, theoretically, try and let us know.

Regards,

Marvin M

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by STARS » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Don't get me wrong Marvin...It has kind of nothing to do with selling domains. it's actually a search engine like google and you put a name in the search bar say "web" and it'll give you some suggestions by adding suffixes and prefixes automatically say "openweb/webblahblah.com/.net/.org".

it's very helpful for those who have no idea what domain name to pick.

The reason why I picked opencart for this is because I've been working on it for a while and I know how to deal with it.

but the problem is that I can't find any information about what kind of web software it is...

Post by villagedefrance » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:42 pm

The way I see it, it should involve getting data from domain registrars because you need to know if a domain is available or not.

I would assume that registrar are protecting this information, so connecting to their servers in order to retrieve the data will not be easy. Also, with all the new TLD's now available, we are probably talking about a lot of data.

I think the best way would be to find one registrar that offers a javascript widget for website, if that exists, and add it to your page, directly or as a module.

OpenCart custom solutions @ https://villagedefrance.net

Location - UK

Post by pm-netti » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:46 pm

STARS wrote:Don't get me wrong Marvin...It has kind of nothing to do with selling domains. it's actually a search engine like google and you put a name in the search bar say "web" and it'll give you some suggestions by adding suffixes and prefixes automatically say "openweb/webblahblah.com/.net/.org".

it's very helpful for those who have no idea what domain name to pick.

The reason why I picked opencart for this is because I've been working on it for a while and I know how to deal with it.

but the problem is that I can't find any information about what kind of web software it is...
Does any of that help?

https://github.com/framoshernandez/WhoisDomainPHP

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by STARS » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:41 pm

villagedefrance wrote:The way I see it, it should involve getting data from domain registrars because you need to know if a domain is available or not.
Ok, say it's not really important to check for the domain availability. what I really need to know is how the engine itself works ? Is it a module that an be installed on any ecommerce software or a separate software ?
pm-netti wrote: Does any of that help?

https://github.com/framoshernandez/WhoisDomainPHP
Well, as far as I can tell, the whois lookup can be the answer for the domain availability check. right ?

so let me get this straight... for such a website I need a search engine that generates name suggestions (that's what I assume) and a whois lookup module if I need to check for the domain availability from the domain registrars. right ?

So where would I start from ?
If there's no other way than switching to other softwares, it's ok. I'll try to learn more.

Post by uskenneth » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:19 pm

STARS wrote:I'm just wondering to know if there's a way to run a "domain name generator" using opencart. for those of you who have no idea what a domain name generator is, it's a smart domain name search engine that looks for domain name suggestions using synonyms, suffixes, prefixes and all...
Hi,
People who are active online know very well about domain name generator. But the question here is how to run a domain name generator using opencart. I don't understand this. I mean i know about domain name generator sites. But. have not heard running it through open cart. Could you please explain this?