Post by kagi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:35 pm

From the moderators:

While there is not already a dedicated forum for OpenCart 2.x, please post all your questions here. In general:

1. No, there is yet no release date fixed

2. Yes, development is in progress

3. Yes, we encourage everyone to test, get your copy directly from GitHub: https://github.com/opencart/opencart

4. Because it is still in development, if you encounter a bug, please use the issue tracker at GitHub: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues

5. Yes, there will be a new (fully responsive) template, more about it here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 21#p487721

6. If you have an idea, or want to submit a fix, use the Pull Request here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pulls

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel,

Is there any update on when can we expect the Opencart 2.0 release? Not trying to rush you, but just trying to plan a site upgrade once 2.0 is out.

Thanks.
Last edited by Daniel on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Added topic description to the beginning of the topic

Post by Daniel » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:10 am

it should be December

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by kagi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Thank you. Looking forward to the new release!

Post by poenanie » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Am I the only person anxiously waiting for the opencart 2.0 release to start a new project? :-)

Post by marvmen21 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:48 pm

poenanie wrote:Am I the only person anxiously waiting for the opencart 2.0 release to start a new project? :-)
You're not. I think most of us are looking forward to it. However, as some of us have already advised several times, if you need to start a project, use the current stable versions. After 2.0 is released, you will have to give it a couple of months more for developers to iron out any bugs, and for it to get stable and production ready.

Regards,

Marvin M
Costa Rica

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by rocketweb » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:11 am

Any news about 2.0 release date? :)

Post by versu » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:20 am

rocketweb wrote:Any news about 2.0 release date? :)
Daniel wrote:it should be December
:)

Post by Brook » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:35 am

With all due respect to all Opencart Developers, is there an updated date as to when a "stable" version of Opencart 2.0 is going to be available via the download page? I know that this question has been asked too many times. We are all living in the dark. Any news would be good news at this point. Please recognize that this question would not be asked if we all really had some idea of when the next production release was going to be released.

I understand that we can get the code from GitHub, but the code in GitHub changes regularly. I understand that Opencart is always going to be a work in progress. Like everyone else I am just anxious to get a "stable" version of Opencart 2.0 installed.

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 am

Brook wrote:With all due respect to all Opencart Developers, is there an updated date as to when a "stable" version of Opencart 2.0 is going to be available via the download page? I know that this question has been asked too many times. We are all living in the dark. Any news would be good news at this point. Please recognize that this question would not be asked if we all really had some idea of when the next production release was going to be released.

I understand that we can get the code from GitHub, but the code in GitHub changes regularly. I understand that Opencart is always going to be a work in progress. Like everyone else I am just anxious to get a "stable" version of Opencart 2.0 installed.
No date has been posted anywhere.

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by onaldo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:23 pm

I just hope that version releases will be not that often. A new version each year isn't bad.

_______
Opencart Philippines - http://www.beanebiz.com/

Location - Philippines

Post by Brook » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:14 am

Had to laugh when I read your post... "I just hope that version releases will be not that often."

Don't worry Opencart releases will not happen "too" often. We have all been waiting for a release for many, many months now with no knowledge of an expected target release date. No one really has any idea what the state is of the next release. Here's hoping that we get a release soon. Fingers crossed.

Post by Brook » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Can we please get an update on when we can expect the next Production Ready release of Opencart? Thank you.

I recognize that GitHub is updated almost daily, but we have no idea when a stable Production Ready release will be ready.

Post by cwswebdesign » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Brook wrote:Can we please get an update on when we can expect the next Production Ready release of Opencart? Thank you.

I recognize that GitHub is updated almost daily, but we have no idea when a stable Production Ready release will be ready.
No one does and it will more than likely show up when it's ready. Atleast they're working on it.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by i2Paq » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:56 pm

I'm trying to find 2.0 over at GitHub but all I see is the latest 1.5.6.1?

nevermind.....

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Brook » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:47 am

Instead of someone stating that Opencart 2.0 will be ready when it is ready, can we please hear from someone who is actually working on Opencart 2.0... Can we please get an update on when we can expect the next Production Ready release of Opencart? Thank you.

Post by cwswebdesign » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:36 am

Brook wrote:Instead of someone stating that Opencart 2.0 will be ready when it is ready, can we please hear from someone who is actually working on Opencart 2.0... Can we please get an update on when we can expect the next Production Ready release of Opencart? Thank you.
That's what I'm trying to politely tell you. This thread is 8+ pages deep and the actual developers haven't responded and they won't. It's the way they work and something everyone has to accept if they want to use the software.

DL

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by Brook » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:47 am

cwswebdesign - let me politely tell you that your insight is second to none. Thank you Mr. Obvious! Look up "Sarcasm" in your favorite online dictionary. Please do not try and answer any questions if you do not have any value to add other than to say that the release will be ready when it ready. Your answer is a non-answer. Not much value added.

We have all been waiting for a very, very long time for an update. Only makes sense to educate us on when a release is realistically being targeted. Some of us have bought a number of great extensions for Opencart (an have been very supportive of Opencart and its developers). Some of us like to stay plugged in on what is really going on in the project. Recognizing that changes are made regularly in GitHub really does not give any of us any realistic expectations for the next release. Happy to see that changes are being made in GitHub, but not knowing an end date for changes for a release really does not educate any of us on an end game and project plan. I don't think that I am asking too much. Opencart Developers have been much more open about projected release dates in the past. Not sure what has changed.

Figured it might be worth asking since we are all in the dark. Fingers crossed that someone who is actually in the know responds to these inquiries.

Post by chilledworld » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:48 pm

The reason a date is not given is because in the past Daniel has given an approximate date and people have hounded him asking for more precise dates and when the release has been delayed he has been hounded again with demands for reasons why it is late.
This leads to more delays because instead of coding the developers are answering messages from impatient people.

I have been using Opencart for many years now and I also used to be obsessed about having to have the next updated version.

I have websites using 1.5.6 and one using 1.4.9.6 and they are fully working successful sites which I am making a good income from.
The core of Opencart has allot more than most people need.

I would suggest that people stop procrastinating and start using the excellent most recent stable version of Opencart. It works and most of the plugins work with it.

Post by i2Paq » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:03 pm

Brook wrote:I don't think that I am asking too much.
Really?

You sounding like a broken record as many others who like you think that they don't ask to much.

You're not happy with the giving answer nor will you be happy with the answer you will get because NO-ONE knows a date; not even Daniel.

Why not send him a PM and ask him for a date and come back to us with that answer?

If you keep continuing in this topic with questions about a release date for 2.0, and this topic is NOT about the release date of 2.0, I will ban you for 1 week.
That goes for every clown who does.

Others have been perm banned from repeatedly asking that same question.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by rocketweb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Brook wrote:cwswebdesign - let me politely tell you that your insight is second to none. Thank you Mr. Obvious! Look up "Sarcasm" in your favorite online dictionary. Please do not try and answer any questions if you do not have any value to add other than to say that the release will be ready when it ready. Your answer is a non-answer. Not much value added.

We have all been waiting for a very, very long time for an update. Only makes sense to educate us on when a release is realistically being targeted. Some of us have bought a number of great extensions for Opencart (an have been very supportive of Opencart and its developers). Some of us like to stay plugged in on what is really going on in the project. Recognizing that changes are made regularly in GitHub really does not give any of us any realistic expectations for the next release. Happy to see that changes are being made in GitHub, but not knowing an end date for changes for a release really does not educate any of us on an end game and project plan. I don't think that I am asking too much. Opencart Developers have been much more open about projected release dates in the past. Not sure what has changed.

Figured it might be worth asking since we are all in the dark. Fingers crossed that someone who is actually in the know responds to these inquiries.
I couldn't agree more with you.

I'm getting really tired of people saying "it will be ready when it's ready"...

We have been told that OC 2.0 release date will be late 2013... We are now April 2014. Are you thinking of people running businesses with OC and that need to know a correct approximative release date to plan their upgrade, to know whether they will buy extensions or not, etc. ?