Post by virtualgeorge » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:18 am

So when ever I see post about a refund people are directed to fill out the contact form to make a request. If you try to file a dispute with Paypal it tells you that you will be banned and loose access to updates for everything purchased:

[OpenCart] PayPal Dispute = Instant Ban!
Hello, PayPal Dispute = Instant Ban! Your OpenCart account has been suspended. You will no longer have access to your downloads, updates or free support until you drop the PayPal Dispute.

I have sent a message 3 times for a refund and get no response from Daniel so what am I supposed to do now?
I bought a mod that half way works but not everything works. They said a month ago they would update it but had other things they were working on first. Now they say it will be sometime next month but nothing specific. Which is fine, I will buy it then when its ready but should get a refund now since I have already waited a month.

this the first time I ever asked for a refund after years of buying many mods.

I have been very patient so if there is ban rule in place someone should answer the emails???

Post by MarketInSG » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:52 am

You will have to sort it out with them. They have a ticket system for queries or refund, you should always try using that, and you should have a reply from them within a couple of working days.

If you're asking for a feature that was not listed in the mod, the developer is not wrong to put you on hold too.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by virtualgeorge » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:21 am

MarketInSG wrote:You will have to sort it out with them. They have a ticket system for queries or refund, you should always try using that, and you should have a reply from them within a couple of working days.

If you're asking for a feature that was not listed in the mod, the developer is not wrong to put you on hold too.
Why would I ask for a refund for a non-listed feature? We are talking about features that are supposed to be included that do not work. Its not because of a conflict with my version of opencart or any particular browser. They wanted to login into my site so I let them and they accidentally deleted 4 hours of my work so now after it taking over a month for the update am seriously doubting if or when it will be completed and I had to buy something else. Should I tell my client that I will have their site finished in a few months when the mod developer gets around to finishing?

I put in several tickets asking for a refund and they don't deny or approve, they just close the ticket and delete my comments on their product page. Its not like I was being rude or calling them names but maybe they don't understand my questions. I don't expect everything to be totally perfect but they should at least respond if they feel they don't owe me a refund or let me know a timeframe when the mod will be done.

I know it can take a few days for people to get back to me, I have dealt with a lot of vendors here over the years.

Its just the principle, if they can't deliver or act professionally like everyone else then they shouldn't be a vendor here.

The time it takes me writing posts here, messages to Daniel & tickets to Dreamvention is not worth the $25 so I will just relax now and figure it was a lesson learned :)

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:18 am

Well, it's not about the money I would say. It's about all the effort and hard work you had put into. If your account is linked to many purchases and extensions, that might be more troublesome for you.

I'm not very sure about dreamvention, but I only know they are pretty hardworking at deleting comments off their extensions and do not really respond promptly to support requests.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by BadgesOnboard » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:45 pm

Did you get your money back ?
I recently bought something from ATIZVA and it's was bugged, it didn't do what it was supposed to and stopped functions from working such as product related autocomplete and I couldn't add products to coupons etc .... I complained and the only way to fix my site was for him to remove the extension ..... he said he would help in other ways for the money but then didn't do anything or respond to messages ,...he won't refund me as he says he loses too much money and has now become aggressive as I left negative feedback ..... I didn't get a working module and I'm out of pocket ... he shouldn't be allowed to sell !

Guru Member

Location - Singapore