Post by bookingvaness193 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:24 pm

I need to move some products from Opencart to Zen Cart (completely new install) and was wondering if anyone could advise me how I could do this? I know there are migration services out there however as I’ve never used one before I don’t know how well they work?

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:51 pm

- Extensions from the MarketPlace such as: Cart2Cart . You could also use the search for other extensions
- Create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by willows » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:39 pm

Its a strange request TBH. But I would recommend you excel download using phpmyadmin into CSV and use this to upload to your new zencart . There is no out of the box tool that does this because there are too many different setups on both products not including addons that make every migration different.

Available for hire for maintenance, installs, hacks, SEO disasters, and integrations with epos, logistics and accounts systems.
Opencart Developers Ireland

Location - Dublin Ireland

Post by straightlight » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Using Excel / CSV files in this case may also break database relationships . Using an import tool would be more convenient when doing migration transactions between databases. PDO would be another way to do it.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by johnp » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:37 pm

There's some good import/export extensions for Opencart in the marketplace. Export your products to a CSV file using one of those. Do the same on Zen Cart. Then use either Excel or CSVed to change the OC export CSV file to match the setup of the Zen Cart one. Then, import into Zen Cart using PhpMy Admin or an import extension if one exists. Make sure new products are allotted new product numbers when imported so they don't conflict with existing products. I would set up a category on Zen Cart called "imported", note the category number and import products into that. Once in you can allocate them to their correct homes.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK