Post by DigiatalP2PMarket » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi. The title pretty much sums up my question. I tried to figure it out myself, before diving into OpenCart world, but I failed to find the answer by searching on the web and this forum, and going through the sheer amount of extensions would be :o

Now I'll try to explain the subj question with some more details. I'll break it down to the key points, so let me know if any of those are present in OpenCart and/or can be implemented via existing extensions (or by slightly modifying existing extensions; without a doubt it should be possible to write everything from scratch, but let's omit that option):
1) P2P Market. No middle-man required for the trade to occur. Seller registers on the Market, verifies himself to some extent, and then builds a trust (buyers leave comments and ratings). Buyer found the product that he wants (be it virtual or real) and buys it from seller, directly transferring his money to the mentioned seller, market itself doesn't take any cuts whatsoever and doesn't serve as a middle-man during this process (e.g. money transfer directly from Buyer to Seller, Market is used as a "guide").
2) Custom virtual currency and wallet. Let's call it "AC" (A Currency). Market assigns a wallet to each newly registered user. This wallet contains 0 AC. AC can be bought from the Market via /whatever currency accepted by Market. Seller can sell his/her product not only for /whatever currency, but also for AC (voluntarily). Market has full control on AC, and has an option of chargebacks, if Buyer proves that Seller hasn't provided bought product or if Market itself works as a middle-man in transferring said product.
3) Logs. This is an optional thing I'm looking for, but it would be great to have logs of all actions during the process of all deals, especially those that use #2 (this logs will help a lot, in case of any troubles).
4) Restrictive permissions. Permissions to restrict sellers from selling products in category A, B and C while allowing in D, E and F would be also nice to have.
5) Ratings and comments. I know that this is presents in OpenCart, but just for the sake of mentioning it. This is a nice way to distinguish good/bad sellers/buyers.

Those are all of my main concerns. Also I'll appreciate if you'll include links to the extensions mentioned by you, thanks in advance.

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am

Well, just to make sure, that you don't feel left all alone, such may be possible,
if one is willing, to invest a well done 3 to 4 figure amount in US Currency, to get
it made. And to find out, if and how it could be done, one would have to exactly quote,
what's required, in order to enable a Pro, to make an offer.

It's the only way, because no-one, using such a setup, would ever tell others about,
what it takes, because they also invested a lot of time and money, and only a fool
would spare such Secrets with unknown others, to eventually even be confronted
with another competitor, as a result of such.

Just to get you down on real Earth, it's nothing personal.
Good Luck ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by DigiatalP2PMarket » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:18 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am
Well, just to make sure, that you don't feel left all alone, such may be possible,
if one is willing, to invest a well done 3 to 4 figure amount in US Currency, to get
it made. And to find out, if and how it could be done, one would have to exactly quote,
what's required, in order to enable a Pro, to make an offer.

It's the only way, because no-one, using such a setup, would ever tell others about,
what it takes, because they also invested a lot of time and money, and only a fool
would spare such Secrets with unknown others, to eventually even be confronted
with another competitor, as a result of such.

Just to get you down on real Earth, it's nothing personal.
Good Luck ;)
Ernie
I'm standing on Earth quite fine. I know about solution that offers all of the above for 400$ per site, including free updates afterwards, which is substantially cheaper. That particular solution has its drawbacks, so I'm just researching all viable solutions, before I jump onto any. Just saying, nothing personal.
Thanks for the reply, I'll consider it as a confirmation that OpenCart isn't what I'm looking for.

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:52 am

This is the case ! :D
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland