Post by ginafin » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:17 am

what heck is going on? im also having this same issue! Is this even going to be solved?

Location - Chile

Post by GoldenTongs » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:54 pm

i come across this request of ID on a few sites and know that many sites think its acceptable including here.
(i probably did give my ID also)
i understand they are trying to protect themselves against paypal abusers
(had to deal with paypals anti seller terms for years)
but it is a real hassle from buyers view, especially when they want photo of you holding your ID,
then you have to edit that photo to block sensitve info
then upload and just wait.........
and even with ID, nothing stops anyone from still abusing paypal terms, where buyers now have up to 6 months to claim a refund.
Maybe Nochex would be worth OC looking into, as they favour the seller and they dont have terms like paypal and buyers must go through their credit card to claim a refund.
Or maybe OC having its own wallet, so you add funds to wallet to make purchases, surely there must be a better way.
i know the problem is most options require staff to be working 24 hour which OC does not have, if they did the ID issue would not be so much of an issue.

http://Lilphones.com

Post by Sipo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Can somebody help me with my order please ID 675167 Support ID - #60708

I allready bought 2 extensions before without any problems. Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Post by 4squares » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:07 am

What sort of ID proof is required to be given, I get the message "Waiting for Proof of ID" and I cannot download the extension. My order id is 679218.

Post by Vetroff » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:47 am

This sh..t happened to me too. In the fifth! order. ??? Previous 4 does not bother anyone.
Now I don't know how many days to wait for an answer and a solution.
If I had known in advance - I would have bought the module at another resource.
Extremely disappointed, losing my time because of stupid rules. :-\

Location - Odessa, UA

Post by Non Hic » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:52 am

I tried to buy some small SEO thing, first account when I bought got this message, not enough time and in hurry I thought OK, my account email was not the same as my PayPal. So in a hurry, I decided to create YET ANOTHER ACCOUNT with my paypal email and buy it AGAIN waste of $15 but meh, time is more important... but no! Second account, locked!!!

Funny, my paypal account is verified BUSINESS account.

Didn't get the file but they took money from me twice! *lol* So I counter this by opening up TWO disputes for both of these. I call this 100% fraud behaviour from opencart part so the disputes are opened as unauthorized fraud and not recieved my item.

Then I get a tough guy warning in my account "oh yeah, delete the dispute or we lock you account bla bla"... if I only gave two f***s about it, yeah?

So I had to contact the extention maker directly, paid $11 instead of $15... took 5 minutes!!! Email, asked, paid, got the file. FIVE MINUTES. I was up running again after 5 minutes.

Do you REALLY think that I am about to send a high resolution picture of my photo ID to some guy in Hong Kong? REALLY? You just lose the cash this way AND extension makers lose a lot of sale. This is waaay too heavy handed and 100% unacceptable behaviour.

You ask for photo ID when you buy milk too? Do you want a drop of blood or maybe a piece of my DNA as well? MAYBE I AM NOT WHO I SAY I AM? LOL...

You send me your high resolution photo ID, and I'll send you mine... no not really. Won't send you any such document. Not now, not tomorrow... NOT EVER.

ARE YOU INSANE?

Post by Non Hic » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:03 pm

Daniel Kerr (OpenCart)
Dec 27, 13:37
you can get your refund in 2 weeks after paypal sorts the dispute out!
Go f yourself Daniel.

Post by alex_popa_81 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:52 pm

Now this is amazing. Waiting for proof of ID? Hell yeah, this is my 11th order. None of the previous needed this. Well, the really important matter is that the same Opencart account was used for all the orders and also the same paypal account, using of course the same e-mail address. So what proof of ID is necessary? PayPal gives credentials to it's customers, if I pay from the same account is clearly I'm the same guy. So proof of what? My ID card? Yeah, cause they ask me for that even at the local store when I buy milk or bread.... maybe a urine sample is in order? Also a picture of myself when taking a DNA sample from 20 separate places of my body just to be sure I'm the same guy everywhere? A birth certificate or a highschool or colledge diploma in the future would be a nice addition.... or why not, even better, a scan of a computer programmer certificate will be necessary in order to buy something from this website.... yeah, hell yeah. That will be great!
Proof of ID? (Demonic laughs) Ha ha ha ha ha! Opencart asures his customers that it will always provide the best challenges for both customers and developers! Nice one! Thumbs up Opencart team! You're on the right track! Keep it up and I see a grand fal.... future ahead of you!

Post by Minh Dương » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:51 pm

2017 And now I stuck in "Wainting for proof ID", Please help

Order ID: #901586
Request ID: #136990

Post by eyusifli » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:22 am

Order id : #910930

Waiting Proof of ID ????

Post by thekrotek » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:50 am

Are you all seriously asking for transaction support on forums? Nobody will help you here, contact OpenCart support directly.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by muzki » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:14 am

Hi there,
I got this annoying message says Waiting for Proof of ID too.
I would really like to encrease the speed of the authenticity of the information I have sent over the internet in order to have the extension as fast as I can because the job really needs to be done, complete.
so yeah, my order ID is 912177
thank you very much for the attention,
highest regards!!!

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:58 pm

Unfortunately, you won't get any help through this forum topic. You will need to open a support ticket with OpenCart for assistance.

Will be locking this topic.

For all the others that stumbled upon this topic and having the same issue, please open a support ticket with OpenCart :)

Guru Member

Location - Singapore